After 30 years, Now I can see the ray of Hope : Widow of IAF officer Ravi Khana

Today after 30 years, Jammu TADA Court has started trial against Yasin Malik in the killing of 4 unarmed IAF soldiers including Squadron leader Ravi Khanna. TADA court has asked Tihar jail to produce Yasin Malik.

This high-profile case is of Yasin Malik, chairman of the Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front. On January 25, 1990, 4 Indian Air force officers were killed by Yasin Malik and his associates at bus stop in Rawalpora chowk in Kashmir.

On January 25, 1990, Atleast 14 IAF soldiers were waiting for IAF bus at bus stand in Rawalpora chowk in Kashmir. Before the arrival of IAF bus, a gypsy with came with a bike. Suddenly 5 men with AK-47 started firing bullets at the unarmed 14 IAF soldiers.

All 14 IAF soldiers fell down immediately and couldn’t able to fight back. 4 IAF soldiers lost their lives immediately after the firing.

The fallen IAF soldiers were Squadron leader Ravi Khana, Corporal DB Singh, Corporal Uday Shankar and Airman Azad Ahmed.

Two local kashmiri women had also lost their lives in this attack who were waiting at bus stop. According to eyewitness, Attackers were dancing with pro-jihadi slogans after killing the IAF jawans.

Yasin Malik had accepted that he killed 4 IAF soldiers on January 25, 1990 in a interview with Tim Sebastian of BBC. In 23 minutes interview Yasin Malik confessed that He also killed many unarmed kashmiri Pandits and he wasn’t apologetic about it.

In August 1990, the CBI had filed a chargesheet against the Yasin Malik and his associates in the TADA court in Jammu. As there was no TADA court in Srinagar, Yasin Malik was granted a stay on trial by a single bench of Jammu & Kashmir high court.

Squadron leader Ravi Khanna had lost his life in this attack along with 3 of his companions. Ravi Khanna’s wife Nirmala Khanna has raised hopes of justice in this case after 30 years. Nirmala Khanna has been struggling for the last thirty years to get justice. She said, “I have struggled for the last 30 years and now I can see a ray of hope.”

Facebook Comments Protection Status