The lion of para SF Captain Pawan Kumar Shaurya Chakra. ( जिनका खौफ था वैली में ). After hearing about his son’s death, Capt Pawan Kumar’s father Rajbir Singh’s first reaction was, “I had one child, I gave him to the Army, to the nation. No father can be prouder.” “He was destined to be in the Army as he was born on Army Day,” he added. “Pawan Kumar was a young and a dynamic officer, He was a true commander”, Lt. Gen. S.K. Dua, General Officer Commanding of Udhampur based 15 Corps said after paying respects to his mortal remains.
Here is the some inspiring facts about Captain Pawan Kumar
- Interesting facts about Captain Pawan KumarCaptain Pawan Kumar martyred at the age of 22 years on Feb 21, 2016 while fighting with terrorists in Pampore in Kashmir valley, he was a 10 Para SF commando
2. His last facebook post was “Kisi ko reservation chahiye toh kisiko azadi bhai, humein kuch nahi chahiye bhai bas apni razai (Some want reservations, some even freedom, but I want nothing, just my blanket).”
He was a JAt & also from JNU so he was posted this on fb after sloganeering in JNU by tukde tukde gang & JAT agitation for reservation. JAT reservation protest and JNU azaadi protests were taking place at the time of his martyrdom.
3. He is a Jat from Jind district in Haryana and a degree holder from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in Delhi.
4. Capt. Pawan Kumar was born on January 15, 1993 and 15th january is also observed as a Army day. he was graduated from the 123 course of the National Defence Academy and was commissioned into the Army on December 14, 2013.
5. He was with the 10 Para Special Forces and in service for less than three years. He commissioned in army on 14th december, 2013 & martyred in 21st February, 2016.
6. According to Army officials, he had taken part in two successful operations earlier in which three terrorists were killed — including the operation on February 15 in Pulwama in which one terrorist and two civilians were killed.
7. For his supreme sacrifice he was conferred with Shaurya Chakra on 15th Aug 2016.