Supreme court is going to hear the pleas challenging the constitutional validity of the Article 35A (relating to the special rights and privileges enjoyed by Jammu and Kashmir) in Supreme Court listed for hearing this week from Feb 26-28.
The pleas challenging the constitutional validity of the Article 35A (relating to the special rights and privileges enjoyed by Jammu and Kashmir) in Supreme Court listed for hearing this week from Feb 26-28. pic.twitter.com/CiGJoYFpj9— ANI (@ANI) February 25, 2019
After this, Central govt has sent 100 battalions of CAPFs in kashmir and kashmiri leaders are fearing that Article 35A is going to abolish now. Many Kashmiri leaders is going to protest against this. Congress is also opposing the lifting of 35A .
Kashmiri leader of Congress, Saifuddin Soz has said in a controversial statement that if Article 370 of Kashmir is removed from the Constitution, Kashmir’s relationship will end with India. He also said that it does not understand why such a military is being deployed in Kashmir. Not so much forces needed in kashmir. This makes the people of Kashmir shocked. He said that with Article 35A ending, Article 370 will end itself.
He accused the RSS and said that they want to go to the Supreme Court and end the 35A, 370. These are people of cynical thinking. RSS has already damaged the country Who gave the petition in relation to the 370 in the Supreme Court. It is going to be of no use. Governance will change in 2019.
Soz said that people would oppose if the relationship with Jammu and Kashmir was over. If it got tampered with, we would oppose with Farooq Abdullah, Omar Abdullah, Mehbooba Mufti Lal Chowk. Our relationship is from secular India. There is no relationship with hate traders.
Former Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir Mehbooba Mufti has also opposed the removal of Article 35A and warned central govt. that any tinkering with Article 35A will render null and void the state’s Instrument of Accession with India.
Valley rife with speculation about status of Article 35. Before taking a decision, GoI must consider-— Mehbooba Mufti (@MehboobaMufti) February 24, 2019
1. J&K was the only Muslim majority state that chose a secular India over Pak during partition.
2. Article 370 is the constitutional connection between J&K & Indian Union.
3. Instrument of accession is contingent on Article 370 which is inextricably linked to Article 35 A.— Mehbooba Mufti (@MehboobaMufti) February 24, 2019
4. Any tampering will render Treaty of Accession null & void.
5. Those frothing at the mouth & calling for its removal shouldnt blame Kashmiris for the developments that will follow such a hare brained decision.— Mehbooba Mufti (@MehboobaMufti) February 24, 2019
Congress leader Saifuddin Soz to join protest with separatist Geelani, Mufti, Abdullah in protesting if Article 35A touched.