Nuclear strategic ballistic missile Agni-IV was test fired today morning at 8.30AM from launchpad no- 4 of integrated test range at APJ Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha coast.
Features of Agni-IV missile :
- Agni-IV is a two-stage missile having strike range of 4,000 Km.
- Agni-IV missile is equipped with state-of-the-art Avionics, 5th generation on-board computer and distributed architecture
- It has the latest features to correct and guide itself for in-flight disturbances.
- It is 20 meter-long weighing 17 tonnes.
- Agni 4 was first test fired on 20 January 2014.
- This Missile has indigenously developed ring laser gyro and composite rocket motor. The most accurate Ring Laser Gyro based Inertial Navigation System (RINS) and supported by highly reliable redundant Micro Navigation System (MINGS), ensures the vehicle reaches the target within two digit accuracy.
- The latest features of this missile is to correct and guide itself for in-flight disturbances.