The big defence deal has been approved to acquire of 24 MH-60 Romeo multi-role helicopters before US President Donald Trump’s two-day visit to India. The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) has approved the purchase of 24 multi-purpose MH-60 ‘Romeo’ Sea Hawk helicopters to strengthen the Indian Navy. The purchase of these helicopters will cost 2.6 billion dollars. Romeo helicopters will increase the anti-surface and anti-submarine security capability of Indian forces.
Government sources: Ahead of US President Donald Trump‘s visit to India, the Cabinet Committee on Security today cleared the acquisition of 24 MH-60 Romeo multi-role helicopters worth around USD 2.5 billion for the Indian Navy from the US. pic.twitter.com/rKqvN9iyqy— ANI (@ANI) February 19, 2020
- MH-60 Romeo Seahawk helicopters are capable of aiming at precise targets on submarines and ships.
- These helicopters are also very useful in search and rescue operations at sea.
- It can track the boats of enemy and stop their attacks.
- MH-60 ‘Romeo’ Sea Hawk helicopters are equipped with sensors, missiles and torpedoes.
- The helicopter is deployed in the US Navy as an anti-submarine and anti-surface weapon.
- These helicopters will enable the Indian Defense Forces to successfully carry out anti-surface and anti-submarine warfare missions.
- These Helicopters have been deployed around the world, including the Royal Australian Navy.