Today is the 11th anniversary of 26/11 Mumbai attacks which shook India’s financial capital on November 26, 2008. This was the one of the most deadliest attacks in India which haunts the Mumbaikars till now.
In This attack, 166 people died, and over 300 were injured. Many security forces including Mumbai police jawans died in this attacks while saving the civilians.
However, it was not only the security forces who fought and showed courage; the Mumbai Police Dog Squad played a massive role in limiting the effect of the dastardly attack.
Here is the 5 brave canine heroes of 26/11 Mumbai attacks who helped the security forces.
1) Sultan: Sultan was from Goregaon unit Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad (BDDS). he helped Police to detect many Bombs and RDX during 26/11 attacks. He died at the age of 11 in June 2016.
2) Max: Max was also a part of Bomb diffusal Squad during 26/11 attacks. He helped police to detect 8 kilos of RDX, 25 grenades, and 29 remote detonators near the Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai. He was awarded with Gold-medal for his bravery during the Mumbai attacks. He also died in 8 April 2016. Police gave him tribute to Max and his body was warpped in Tri-Colour.
3) Tiger: Tiger was one of the Brave canines who was on duty for several days outside the Taj Mahal hotel during 26/11 attack. He helped to find out several bombs in the Colaba area. He retired from the force in May 2015. He passed away on July 22, 2016, after battling with lung infection. He was also honored by Government for his bravery.
4) Ceasar : Ceasar is one of the most courageous canines who saved several lives by discovering at least two hand grenades near CST, Mumbai. He also helped security forces to find eight kilos RDX during Mumbai attacks. Ceasar was also part of bomb discovery and diffuse squad during 2006 train blasts and 2011 serial blasts in Mumbai.
Ceasar went into depression after death of his buddies Sultan, Max, Tiger. He died at the age of 13 at a Virar farm on on 13 October, 2016. He was buried next to his buddies Max, Sultan,Tiger.
5) Prince: Prince was a sniffer dog and he was a part of 26/11 bomb diffusal squad in 2008. He detected four live bombs and several hand grenades during 26/11 attacks. He died in November 2014 and he was given a 21-gun-salute by police personnel after he died.