Now Armed forces personnel can vote in this election Electronically. here is the process

Lok Sabha elections have been announced and it will be going to start from 11th April and will end on 19th May. Some people stay out due to their jobs, due to which it is not possible for them to vote on their booths. For some of these people, arrangements for voting in certain circumstances are ensured. According to the Election Commission website, special arrangements are made for voting for all the central employees like army, CRPF, BSF Assam Rifles, ITBP, GREF, CISF, who are working outside their home state. These are called Service Voters.

How To Enroll Service Voter

  • Visit the EC’s website
  • Click on ‘Menu’.
  • Click on ‘Service Voter & Overseas Voter’.
  • Click on ‘How to enroll as a service Voter’ here.
  • The form download option will appear below. Fill in the category of the category you enter and give it the record office or nodal officer.
  • Keep in mind that only your wife or husband will be enrolled as a service voter in addition to yourself. Enrollment can not be made as a child’s service voter.

People who register as service voters can either vote through postal ballots or via proxy voters. The below video tells you the new provision of sending postal ballots to service voters electronically.

How to vote

  • When the elections are announced, the returning officers of your area will send you the postal ballot.
  • Mark the Candidate in it, mark it clearly in front of its name. Vote will be rejected for making a mark different from your signature, words or rules.
  • After applying the mark, put it in the special small cover that came with the ballot paper and close it. This cover is written as ‘A’.
  • Sign on a Declaration Form 13A in front of the Officer appointed by the Commanding Officer. This form is also sent with ballot paper.
  • The officer will certify your signature and return the declaration form to you. Do not show your ballot paper attending officer under any circumstances.
  • Place the small cover covered in the declaration form and ‘A’ in a large cover. This large cover is written as ‘B’ and it also comes with ballot paper. You must also have your signature on the large cover.
  • Send it along with the returning officer to the post or who has brought the ballot paper to you.
  • No postage stamps are needed to send it. However, make sure that it comes to the returning officer before the special date.

Facebook Comments Protection Status