After abrogation of Article 370, Pakistani government and Pakistani army are continuously criticising and plotting against India but on the other hand the leaders of Pakistans are coming forward in praise of India. One such leader is the founder of Pakistan’s Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) party, Altaf Hussain. He sang ‘Saare Jahan Se Achchha, Hindustan Hamara’ in praise of India on Saturday in London.
During this, he also exposed the lies of Pakistan and supported the India’s move to remove article 370 from state Jammu & Kashmir.
Who is Altaf Hussain ?
Altaf Hussain, founder of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), which has a politically strong hold in Karachi, Pakistan. His Party MQM currently has 7 MPs in the National Assembly of Pakistan. In 2013 election, MQM had 24 MPs seat in the National Assembly of Pakistan.
Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) is currently 5th largest political party in Pakistan. In 2013, MQM was the 4th largest political party in Pakistan with total 24 seats in National Assembly of Pakistan.
Altaf Hussain is known for making anti-Pakistan speeches. In June 2019, Altaf Hussain was arrested for his anti-Pakistan speech. He was then arrested from his home in London.
Altaf’s party has been politically dominant in Karachi for almost 30 years. Altaf has the support of the many people who live in Pakistan. These people are descendants of Muslims who migrated from India to Pakistan during partition in 1947.
- In 2015, the Lahore High Court banned Altaf’s picture, video or statement in the media.
- MQM currently has 7 MPs in the National Assembly of Pakistan.
- In 2013 election, MQM had won 24 MPs seat in the National Assembly election of Pakistan
- In 2013 election, MQM was the 4th largest political party in Pakistan.
- Altaf’s father was working on the Indian Railways in Agra. He lived in the barber’s mandi area of Agra.
- After partition, his family moved to Pakistan.
- MQM emerged as a political party in 1984, and Altaf emerged as the leader.
- Altaf was loved by people in Karachi, Pakistan, and he had the status of Pir (God) there.
- After political violence, in 1992, he went to London due to threat his life.
- He used to lead the party from London himself.
- Altaf got British citizenship in 2002.
- In 2015, a Pakistani court declared a fugitive, sentencing 81 years in many cases including murder.