45 ton steel firing when airborne!!
You thought that a Indian Army’s Tankman is called the imposers of national will for nothing!!!
THIS IS WHAT INDIAN ARMY TANK MAN, SUSTAINS TO PROTECT YOU.👇
- its 45T of unadulterated , ruthless steel mean killing machine.
- 3 crew confined in 1 sq mtr approx. That is almost sealed ,in a tight machine envelope.
- diesel fumes burn inner lining of olfactory lobes,
- cordite gun powder fumes, give a high unparalleled,
- each orifice of body is clogged with fine sand,
- desert burning at 54 degrees
- tank engine ,joined to seat, burning at 70 degrees,
- black dungarees ,a must, because of instant fouling of any other colour by oil, grease, smoke ,cordite etc. But then absorbs more heat, being further transmitted to skin,
- tympanic membrane almost ruptures, with every round fired,as decible above 165 db
- radio helmet gear mush which almost disorients ,with a throat mike which can choke.
- Add to it a sweaty forehead, a map, compass ,GPS, firing switches, radio clatter, to be diligently attended to,plus spot the enemy out 360 degrees threat,
- Desert winds with velocities of near hurricane force,
- spinal column ,at mercy of your mount and cross country terrain ,
- dust ,smoke, sand suspended within cabin, make life an ordeal both for the tankman and his mount.
- safety gap margin is in mm. gun recoil, turret rotation gears, etc can slice body ,if loose .
- visibility is restricted to a few meters at day . Night time blind wells, are around the corner …..so a deathless and an impossible existence..
- if deep fording across rivers, then death by drowning,if engine switches off, is 90% probability. Almost impossible, to escape from flooded compartment,
- if 72hrs non stop cyclic combat operation, then managing hydration, heat stroke, rations, water ration, abulutions– all very tough and strict.
- max probability of fire in crew compartment. Thus burn casualties are maximum,
- 100% crew coordination a must, every second, while operating the tank. Error by one, can kill other two, as various machine tolerances, are zero .
- anti tank mines, almost impossible to defect. Getting blown up , is most likely.
BUT WE TANKERS, STILL WORSHIP & LOVE OUR ULTIMATE WAR MACHINE . WE OPERATE , TO KEEP YOU OUT OF HARMS WAY!
This ode is written by
Lt Col Sandeep Ahlawat for the Indian Army’s Tankman
Who is Lt Col Sandeep Ahlawat ?
Lt Col Sandeep Ahlawat is a serving Armoured Crops officer of the Indian Army. Previously, He had sent a legal notice to Twinkle Khanna and Akshay Kumar when they wanted to auction the “Original Naval Officers Uniform” that Akshey Kumar had worn in movies Rustom. The star couple had to withdraw the auction after Col Ahlawat’s objection. He had also given a hard hitting rebuttal to an utterly distrustful Economic Times cartoon on the Army Chief. He is one of the most prolific writer and speaker amongst the current crop of serving Army Officers. His writings tugs at the heart and inspires the young generation to build the nation selflessely. Lt Col Sandeep Ahlawat has addressed and motivated more than 50,000 students (in various schools, colleges, Universities and other academic institutions all over the country) to join the Indian Army. You can connect with him on Facebook by clicking here and twitter by clicking Here.