Two years of surgical strike are going to be complete. The surgical strike was done between the 12.30 am to 4:30 am in the midnight of 28-29 September in the year 2016. The planning of the operation was done at the Army headquarters in Delhi from 8 o’clock in the evening. Specialized Weapon (special weapon) was used in this mission of the Indian Army. These weapons are now kept on the India Gate for showcasing the people of the country. Lets know about these weapons.
Surgical strike was done by the Commandos of Parachute Regiment-4 and Parachute Regiment-9. Parachute Regiment is the regiment of the Indian Army, whose soldiers are expert in fighting off from the helicopter.
These are the Weapons used in Surgical strike by Commandos of Parachute Regiment:
1) Dhruv helicopter
- Crew: One or two pilots
- Capacity: 12-14 people
- Length: 15.87 meters
- Height: 4.98 meters
- Capable of carrying 5500 kilograms of weight
- Speed: 290 kilometers / h
- Combat Radius: 320 km
- Height: 6096 meters
- Price: 40 crores
- This same helicopter was used in the surgical strike. This helicopter has been developed by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. These helicopters have been given to Navy and Air Force besides the army. For the first time the concept of Dhruv was kept in 1984. However, its first flight was done in 1992. It was assigned in 2002 for the use of the army. It can land anywhere so easily & instantly. it can carry 12-14 missiles & pods to keep the rocket.
2) Tavor gun
- Weight: about 3.5 kg
- Length: about 700 millimeters
- Barrel length: 460 millimeters
- Caliber: 5.56 × 45 millimeters
- Firing Rate: 650 rounds in one minute
- Muzzle velocity Velocity: 910m / sec
- Firing Range: 550 Meters
- Price: 1 lakh 27 thousand 677 rupees
- It has four modes: safe, semi automatic, burst and full auto. In this, the magazine can be released with a firing hand. It Can be fired using thumb only. However, running a trigger is very difficult task. It is designed by Israel. India bought it from Israel in 2002.
- Weight: Approx. 3.25 kg
- Length: 33 inches
- Barrel length: 14.5 inches
- Caliber: 5.56 × 45 mm
- Maximum rate of fire: 950 / per minute
- Muzzle Velocity: 2900 feet / second
- Range: 600 meters
- Price: 2 lakh 31 thousand 775 rupees
- This weapon is designed according to the specifications needed by M4 carbine commando , which is used by US Defense Force.It is a Light weight shoulder firing gun. The specialty of this shoulder gun is that the M203 grenade launcher can also be installed in its upper section. This gun is semi-automatic. M-4 is called the queen of the rifle segment. This is a shorter and lighter variant of the M16A2 assault rifle. M4 is an Air Cooled Magazine Fade Carbine.