Russian President Vladimir Putin is coming to Delhi on a two-day visit to participate in the India-Russia Summit . During this, there will be a discussion on Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s many important issues. At the same time S-400 missile deal with Russia will take place.
The $ 5 billion deal will be signed this week on Putin’s visit to India. According to Putin’s top foreign policy advisor Yuri Ushakov, the President is leaving for India on October 4th. The main feature of the trip will be to sign the agreement for the supply of S-400 air defense systems.
Features of S-400 Air Defence System:
- The full name of this missile system is the S-400 Trimuf which is called by SA-21 Growler in NATO countries. It is a long-range ground-to-air missile system which has been built by Russia.
- India Start talking about the Deal of the missile system from Russia since 2015. Many countries want to buy this system from Russia because it is considered to be superior to the US THAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense) system.
- Its firepower is infallible because it can fire the missile in three directions at once.
- There is a lot of demand in the world of the S-400 due to the many anti-aircraft missile systems, launchers, commands and control centers that mark different targets for different working radars.
- it can attack on many fighter aircraft, ballistic and cruise missiles and drones together in the range of 400 kms.
- The S-400 Trimuf missile can simultaneously detect 100 airborne targets and can Knock down six fighter aircraft like the US-made F-35.
- The S-400 has the capacity to fire three types of missiles
- It is also capable of taking out ballistic missiles and hyper-sonic targets
- Just one system comprising up to 8 divisions (battalions) can control up to 72 launchers. It can also handle a maximum of 384 missiles.
- Compared with its predecessor, the S-300, the new S-400 has a 2.5 times faster firing rate
- It is developed by Russia’s Almaz Central Design Bureau in the 1990s
After the S-400 deal with Russia, India will be the third country in the world with this S-400 missile system. Earlier Russia has done this deals with China and Turkey.
IAF chief BS Dhanoa said, ‘Both Rafale and S-400 air defence missile system deals are like a booster dose’
We had reached an impasse. We had 3 options, first was either to wait for something to happen, withdraw RFP or do an emergency purchase. We did an emergency purchase. Both Rafale and S-400 deal is a booster deal for air force: Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa on Rafale deal pic.twitter.com/fuOHvwOwVk
— ANI (@ANI) October 3, 2018
Defense Minister Nirmala Sitaraman cutting short her foreign trip to be back in India for the signing of the S-400 deal.
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is returning from Kazakhstan tonight keeping the likelihood of signing of the S-400 deal during Russian President Putin’s visit to India on October 4 & 5 (File pic) pic.twitter.com/A2VC66OUHP
— ANI (@ANI) October 3, 2018