The Modi government’s cabinet has made a big announcement on Monday. The central government has now decided to give 10% Upper caste reservation to the financially backward class for government jobs and higher education institutions. Crores of people in the country will get the benefit of this decision of the central government. The 10 main points of this decision are:
- The decision to give 10 percent reservation to poor Upper caste was decided in the cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday. The cabinet has decided that this reservation will be given to economically weaker people.
- It is being said that the reservation formula will be 50% + 10%. Sources say that in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday, the Modi government can present a bill regarding reservation of economically backward classes.
- According to Vijay Sampla, Minister of State for Social Justice, those who have less than 8 lakh annual income will get the benefit of reservation.
- Those upper classes who have land less than 5 acres will get the benefit of reservation.
- The benefits of this reservation will be available to those who have less than 1000 square feet of residential land.
- The people who have a residential plot of less than 100 yards in the notified municipal area will be able to avail of this reservation.
- Apart from this, the people who have a residential plot of less than 200 yards in the non-notified municipal area will get the benefit of this reservation.
- Sources also say that the government can bring a bill to amend the Constitution. For this, amendment will be amended in Article 15 and 16 of the Constitution.